More than half of Brazilians are already connected to the internet
According to the Brazilian Institute of Geography and Statistics (IBGE) , Brazil won 2.5 million Internet users (2.9%) between 2012 and 2013, totaling approximately 86.7 million internet users aged greater the 10 , and most users are female (51.9 % of total) . The growth rate, however, is the lowest recorded by the National Research by Household Sample (PNAD): between 2011 and 2012 , it was 6.9 % ; between 2009 and 2011 , 14.8 % ; and from 2008 to 2009 , 21.6 %.
Check out other interesting data:
- There was growth of 8.8% in the use of computers in households;
- Youth under 30 years use an average of between 3 and 5 hours per day;
- 76 % of people have a cell phone, which means 154 million devices around the country;
- Among the cell used in Brazil, 20 % – or 41 million – are smartphones;
- Among the smartphones used by Brazilians, 55 % use Android, 32 % use the Apple operating system (iOS);
- 37 % use social media and, of these, 71% are active: higher than the Latin American average (67% ) and overall ( 64%).75 % of users use multiple screens (mobile , TV, tablet) simultaneously for 52 minutes a day on average.
- The internet should receive 18 % of all advertising dollars in Brazil by 2018: the sector grew 120% (yes, ONE HUNDRED TWENTY percent) in 2014.