Former deputy governor of São Paulo is in charge of SDECTI
Márcio França is the new Secretary for Economic Development, Science, Technology and Innovation for the State of SP
On January 1st, Márcio France took over as Secretary for Economic Development, Science, Technology and Innovation in a ceremony at Palacio dos Bandeirantes, seat of state government. The SDECTI has at its work plan boost higher education, technical and technological graduation, promote sustainable economic growth, enhance and stimulate innovation with public policies aligned to generate employment and income and increase entrepreneurship and competitiveness of the productive sector in the State of São Paulo.
Linked to SDECTI there are the following institutes: Invests São Paulo, Centro Paula Souza, local authority that manages Etecs and Fatecs, the Research Support Foundation (FAPESP), the Institute for Technological Research (IPT), the Institute of Energy Research and Nuclear (IPEN), the Board of Trade of the State of São Paulo (Jucesp), the Craft Work Secretariat (Sutaco) and, in addition, universities and state colleges as USP, Unesp, Unicamp, UNIVESP, Famema and Famerp.
Get to know a little about the new secretary Márcio França:
- He is graduated in Law from Catholic University of Santos;
- He has been councilor for the city of São Vicente and mayor for two consecutive terms;
- In 2006, he was elected, for the first time, to the office of Congressman and he was re-elected in 2010;
- Mr. France worked as an advisor in the Financier of Studies and Projects (FINEP) at the Ministry of Science and Technology in the federal area;
- He chaired the PSB in São Paulo and led the State Secretariat of State for Tourism in 2011, by 2012.