Brazil is the 7th country in the global ranking of Internet use
More than half of Brazilians are already connected to the internet
According to the Brazilian Institute of Geography and Statistics (IBGE) , Brazil won 2.5 million Internet users (2.9%) between 2012 and 2013, totaling approximately 86.7 million internet users aged greater the 10 , and most users are female (51.9 % of total) . The growth rate, however, is the lowest recorded by the National Research by Household Sample (PNAD): between 2011 and 2012 , it was 6.9 % ; between 2009 and 2011 , 14.8 % ; and from 2008 to 2009 , 21.6 %.
Check out other interesting data:
- There was growth of 8.8% in the use of computers in households;
- Youth under 30 years use an average of between 3 and 5 hours per day;
- 76 % of people have a cell phone, which means 154 million devices around the country;
- Among the cell used in Brazil, 20 % – or 41 million – are smartphones;
- Among the smartphones used by Brazilians, 55 % use Android, 32 % use the Apple operating system (iOS);
- 37 % use social media and, of these, 71% are active: higher than the Latin American average (67% ) and overall ( 64%).75 % of users use multiple screens (mobile , TV, tablet) simultaneously for 52 minutes a day on average.
- The internet should receive 18 % of all advertising dollars in Brazil by 2018: the sector grew 120% (yes, ONE HUNDRED TWENTY percent) in 2014.